06 Jun 10 Free Things to Do in Kansas City This Summer
Fun and learning don’t have to cost money. There are many amazing things to do in Kansas City. Here’s a top 10 list of wonderful and free experiences curated by siblings Rylee (13), Kaden (11), and Maddie (9). Let the fun begin!
10. Johnson County History Museum (Shawnee)
Enjoy interactive exhibits, KidScape, and even a 1950’s All-Electric House.
9. National Archives of Kansas City (Kansas City)
Look for your family history, explore historical artifacts, and more at the National Archives.
8. The Money Museum (Kansas City)
This is your chance to see billions of dollars up close and personal! Enjoy interactive exhibits and leave with a bag of shredded currency.
7. Crown Center (Kansas City)
In addition to the free Hallmark Visitor’s Center, shops and restaurants abound. On a warm day, cool off in the splash fountains outside!
6. Ernie Miller Nature Center (Olathe)
Walk through the forest on serene trails, and stop by the Nature Center to view displays and live animals.
5. Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Kansas City)
Check out the indoor exhibits and outdoor sculpture park. Can you make it through the glass labyrinth?
4. Shoal Creek Living History Museum (Kansas City – Northland)
Seventeen 19th century structures are spread out over 80 acres. Experience life in the 1800’s!
3. Kaleidoscope (Kansas City)
Make art with materials from Hallmark’s manufacturing processes. There’s no better place to put your imagination to work!
2. Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead (Overland Park)
Over 200 animals, pony rides, a fishing pond, a wagon ride through the woods, and much more await you at this turn-of-the-century farm. (Free admission is Mon-Thurs after 2 p.m.)
1. Glory Games: VBS 2016 (Overland Park, Blue Valley, Olathe, and Lee’s Summit)
Ready to compete for the ultimate prize? Sign up for this year’s Glory Games, from June 13-17, at LCC.org/VBS! From 6:30 to 8:30 each night, you can learn to “fight the good fight, finish the race, and keep the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).
The Glory Games is open to EVERYONE ages 4 years to 5th grade (as of fall 2016) and will take place at each of Legacy’s four locations. Registration is FREE!